Women and babies of color are severely affected by social determinants of maternal health: poverty, chronic diseases, poor nutrition, and lack of social and emotional support. Medicaid covers more than 12 million low-income women, or 1 one in 10 women in the U.S. Ensuring that these women have access to high quality maternity care is an essential goal of the Marin Family Birth Center mission.
The Marin Family Birth Center relies on the generosity of individuals, companies and foundations to provide services that are not paid by Medi-Cal or private insurance.
What your Gift Supports:
$25—One childbirth class for a new parent
$100—Prenatal or newborn chiropractic care
$250—Birth Kits for 5 new moms
$1,500—Prenatal care for 2 mothers
$5,000—Labor and delivery for an underinsured mom
$25,000—Birth center expansion to serve more women
Other Ways to Support our Work
- Tour the birth center and refer new moms
- Lend your expertise to our Board of Directors or a committee. Apply here.
- Donate by check payable to Marin City Health & Wellness Center, and mail to 630 Drake Avenue, Marin City, CA 94965.
- Donate online through our secure PayPal account.
- Write a review of our work on GreatNonprofits.org or Yelp
Interested in learning more? Please contact Melanie Hamburger,Director of Development, by email or at (415) 339-8813, ext. 128.