We believe that:
- Women are asking for—and deserve—choice in childbirth.
- Midwifery is a woman-centered, culturally sensitive model of maternal care. For many, this is also a social justice issue.
- Midwifery is a low-cost, safe approach to birth that reduces the risk of unnecessary interventions and surgery.
- Midwifery improves maternal health by providing comprehensive perinatal care, which includes longer pre- and post-natal visits, education and respect for women’s choices in childbirth.
- All women should have the birth they choose, whether they pay through Medi-Cal, private insurance, or private/sliding fee scale. (The birth center accepts all payments.)
Connect with Us
Sign up for not-too-frequent email updates.
Take a childbirth class! Sign up at marinbirth.org/classes.
Come to the Birth Center for a tour! Please fill out the form at right.