Girl Power is a youth empowerment and leadership program for young women ages 12-18 years. It teaches and encourages girls, especially girls of color, to develop leadership and life skills. Weekly activities focus on self-esteem, self-worth, good decision-making, academic achievement and positive social skills.
A comprehensive, pragmatic curriculum fosters discussion and learning around self-esteem, relationships, academics, body image, sisterhood, careers and financial planning. Pre- and post-surveys show improved grade completion, communication, goal setting, health and nutrition, and college applications.
Our current community partners in Marin are listed below. We’ll be expanding in 2017 to San Francisco.
- Bayside/MLK Academy, Marin City (6-8 graders)
- Willow Creek Academy, Sausalito (6-8 graders)
- Redwood High School, Larkspur (9-12 graders)
- Sir Francis Drake High School, San Anselmo (9-12 graders)
- Marin City Community Development Corporation
- Marin City Community Services District
- Marin County Sheriff