Our Health Educators, Michaela Moss and Xyza Andres, have information on emergency food resources to help you during Shelter in Place. Email Xyza for Marin and Michaela for SF resources. We also share (see below) resources from the SF/Marin Food Bank, with thanks to them for opening seven additional free pop-up pantries this week to provide healthy food during the coronavirus pandemic!
Food Resources in Marin County:
- Mondays: St. Andrews Presbyterian Church
- Wednesdays: Bayside MLK School
- Thursdays: Marin Community Clinic; San Geronimo Valley Community Center
Food Resources in San Francisco:
- Mondays: Bay View Opera House
- Tuesdays: Cesar Chavez Elementary School
- Wednesdays: James Denman Middle School; Rosa Parks Elementary School
- Thursdays: Francisco Middle School; Mission High School; Bessie Carmichael School
- Fridays: Lincoln High School; APA Family Support Services Visitacion Valley
Have you met our amazing Health Educators? Michaela and Xyza bring their passion for community health, as well as masters degrees in Public Health, and will work with you to create an individual care plan that builds your personal path to wellness. Make an appointment for free one-on-one support for nutrition, exercise and wellness counseling!
- For an appointment in Bayview Hunters Point, contact Michaela at 415.339.8813 x125 or by email.
- For an appointment in Marin City or San Rafael, contact Xyza (pronounced “Zy-za”) at 415.339.8813 or by email.
More Free Programs
Check out our Events page to see when these free programs take place and join us!
Active Older Adult Programs
Each week we partner with the Marin City Community Services District to offer free Healthy Eating Active Living (HEAL) programs for community residents of all ages. Check our online calendar of events, which includes special programs for adults age 60+.
Join us weekly for our FREE grocery fresh fruits and vegetables, proteins and grains. We also have healthy cooking demos and short presentations by our health educator on chronic diseases. This new partnership with the SF Marin Food Bank is guaranteed to be both a fun and tasty way to spend the afternoon!
- Tuesdays from 3:00-5:00 pm – in the courtyard next to the clinic entrance, 630 Drake Avenue, Marin City. Read about the Food Pharmacy and watch the KRON-TV4 interview with one of our participants!
Park Rx program
This unique approach to patient wellness uses accessible parks and nutritional guidance as alternatives to traditional prescription medicine. Thanks to Good Earth Natural Foods for donating healthy food prizes!
Free group exercise classes are offered by Marin City Health and Wellness Center and the Marin City Community Services District. See all our free classes in the Events calendar. Most classes meet at the Gazebo in Rocky Graham Park, Marin City.
- Wednesdays at 1pm – Sit Fit exercise for older adults (meet in Senior Center)
- Mondays and Fridays at 9am – Water aerobics (includes free transportation to the Marin YMCA)
- Thursdays at 1pm – Weekly walks to explore Marin City appropriate for all ages and abilities (meet at clinic entrance)
Our Park Rx partners include:
We support partner organizations who are passionate about health, wellness and social justice, like MLK Day in Marin City and documentary film screenings.