The MCHWC Health and Nutrition program is designed to protect and improve the health outcomes for our patients. Through one-on-one counseling with an MCHWC health educator, patients can learn about their medical conditions and set goals on how to improve their health and overall quality of life.
Health Educator counseling service topics can include, but are not limited to:
- Diabetes Education
- Meal planning support
- Hypertension education
- Physical activity
- Prenatal health education
- Reproductive health education
- Family Planning
Our Health Educator can provide you with information on emergency food resources to help you during the Pandemic.
Food Resources in Marin County:
- Mondays: St. Andrews Presbyterian Church
- Wednesdays: Bayside MLK School
- Thursdays: Marin Community Clinic; San Geronimo Valley Community Center
Food Resources in San Francisco:
- Mondays: Bay View Opera House
- Tuesdays: Cesar Chavez Elementary School
- Wednesdays: James Denman Middle School; Rosa Parks Elementary School
- Thursdays: Francisco Middle School; Mission High School; Bessie Carmichael School
Fridays: Lincoln High School; APA Family Support Services Visitacion Valley
Have you met our amazing Health Educator? Xyza brings her passion for community health, as well as a master’s degrees in Public Health to her work and looks forward to partnering with you to create an individualized care plan and path for your personal wellness goals. Make an appointment for free one-on-one support for nutrition, exercise and wellness counseling!