YOU can make a difference in health equity!
- $50 provides two parenting classes for families using the Marin Family Birth Center.
- $100 hosts a weekly Sit Fit chair yoga class for older adults to exercise and enjoy social connection.
- $250 pays for fresh produce and cooking demonstrations at the weekly Food Pharmacy, where a medical assistant can check blood pressure, and patients learn to manage hyper-tension and heart disease though healthy foods rather than medications.
- $500 funds one workshop in a 12-week program on stress and pain management for patients in recovery from alcohol or opioid addiction.
- $1,250 provides perinatal care for an African American mother to work with an experienced midwife and doula, improving her and her newborn’s chances for a healthy childbirth and first year.
- $2,500 buys furniture, dishes and linens for a low-income young person (age 18-25) moving into their first apartment as part of the new Marin City Health & Housing Hub.
- $5,000 funds semi-annual leadership retreats for The Defenders and Girl Power preventative behavioral health programs for young adults age 16-21.
- $10,000 provides all equipment for two additional medical exam rooms in the new Marin City Health & Housing Hub.
- $100,000 funds annual operation for our mobile dental van to provide complete dental care to the homeless, homebound and uninisured.
- $750,000 builds one unit of permanently affordable rental housing for a Marin resident making 30% Area Median Income or less ($33,870 for 1 person or $48,360 for a family of 4) in the new Marin City Health and Housing Hub.
- $1,500,000 doubles space for behavioral health and case management to connect patients to comprehensive, wraparound health and wellness services co-located in the new Marin City Health & Housing Hub.
Marin City Health and Wellness Center* is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, federal tax ID 06-1787661. Here’s a link to our IRS Letter of Tax-Exempt Determination. Our Bayview Hunters Point Clinic, Marin Family Birth Center and Mobile Dental Van also operate under the MCHWC tax-exempt ID number.
Take a tour. See our clinics in Marin City or Bayview Hunters Point, or visit the Marin Family Birth Center in San Rafael Northgate. Email us with a date.
Interested in learning more? Please contact Melanie Hamburger, Director of Capital Projects, by email or at (415) 339-8813.
Read our profile and example projects that benefit by your donation.Marin City Health & Wellness is a Silver Participant in Guidestar.
And give us a review at Great Nonprofits!